Borders Still Progressing…..
- Posted by ToddSullivan
- on May 27th, 2009
Smaller operating loss, increased cash flows and 45% less debt, all very good things. Shareholders, unfortunately for those who bought shares 2 years ago are still paying for the sins of past management. But, this marks the third consecutive quarter of very good improvement in a dismal operating environment.
Work still needs to be done on Borders.com. The site is sluggish and ordering can be difficult. Customer service is responsive BUT, Borders needs to eliminate the necessity to even need them which seems to be all too frequent. On the positive side, the site is very visually appealing and the Rewards Program and the affiliate relationships do offer tremendous savings. But, to bring it to the next level as a destination purchasing site…..it needs to be faster….much faster and the ordering glitches need to be eliminated.
Disclosure (“none” means no position):Long BGP
To see more posts on any of the companies mentioned in this article, enter their stock ticker symbol in the search box.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
Todd's investing strategy is essentially long with the rare short. He seeks to buy undervalued issues with an upcoming catalyst that will help them realized.... More »
aapl acas ackman aig AN bac BAM BBI bgp BPO buffett CC CODi CRE davidson dow einhorn employment ETFC f fairx fnmas ggp hhc housing IGOI jcp jmba joe mbi mcd mgm MO oesx PM rail sbux seth klarman SHLD spg spy theory trade VIC xom
- Tuesday links: the secret of SEO | Abnormal Returns on The Private Economy is Doing Just Fine
- The Expansion and Employment | ValuePlays on Housing Thoughts & New Home Supply Sinks to 4.1mos
- Housing Bubble Hysteria: Facts Versus Ficton » CanuckPost.com on Why I Am Cautiously Optimistic About 2010 $$
- CRM Still Thinks -1 + -1 = 2 | ValuePlays on What Did CRM Buy in Buddy Media?? Increasing Losses and Cash Serious Flow Drain…
- Student Loans Won’t Kill Housing Recovery – ValueWalk | on Student Loans and Housing