Rail Traffic Remains Elevated
- Posted by ToddSullivan
- on June 21st, 2012
Total N. American rail traffic came in at 693K cars last week, flat over the previous week but up from ’11.
As usual, accounting for the collapse in coal being shipped by rail due to the switch to natural gas, traffic would have been easily above the 700k mark again. On both charts I have marked in red the corresponding week to show the increased rail traffic and decreased coal traffic.
It is pretty clear the continued YOY growth in rail traffic implies continued overall economic growth for the US. We should also note that while there is continued growth, it is by no means spectacular so one not ought to expect GDP to grow 3% either. Steady moderate growth seems to b the plan….
To see more posts on any of the companies mentioned in this article, enter their stock ticker symbol in the search box.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
Todd's investing strategy is essentially long with the rare short. He seeks to buy undervalued issues with an upcoming catalyst that will help them realized.... More »
aapl acas ackman aig AN bac BAM bbep BBI bgp BPO buffett CC CODi CRE davidson dow einhorn employment ETFC f ggp hhc housing IGOI jcp jmba joe mbi mcd mgm MO oesx pld PM rail sbux seth klarman SHLD spg spy theory trade VIC xom
- Student Loans Won’t Kill Housing Recovery – ValueWalk | on Student Loans and Housing
- Student Loans Won’t Kill Housing Recovery – ValueWalk | jobsboss.eu on Student Loans and Housing
- Sunday links: high fee follies | Abnormal Returns on Housing Update
- Housing Update | ValuePlays on Why I Am Cautiously Optimistic About 2010 $$
- Thursday links: wishing for more | Abnormal Returns on Economic Activity Drives Employment which Drives Stock Market