Rail Traffic Strength Continues
- Posted by ToddSullivan
- on July 6th, 2012
Total N. American rail traffic was flat last week at 690K cars. What makes this # more impressive is it is of a 663k number last year AND last year’s number included 17k more coal shipments. See chart below:
As for the “what” was being carried, both chemicals and auto saw large YOY gains meaning the auto sector remains very strong (kinda of a no kidding after recent auto data but confirmation is always good) and for chemicals, think manufacturing.
I know there is the incessant talk out there of the US already in or entering a recession, somebody better tell rail shippers because I think they are clueless as to that based on their data….
To see more posts on any of the companies mentioned in this article, enter their stock ticker symbol in the search box.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
Todd's investing strategy is essentially long with the rare short. He seeks to buy undervalued issues with an upcoming catalyst that will help them realized.... More »
aapl acas ackman aig AN bac BAM BBI bgp BPO buffett CC CODi CRE davidson dow einhorn employment ETFC f fairx ggp hhc housing IGOI jcp jmba joe mbi mcd mgm MO oesx pld PM rail sbux seth klarman SHLD spg spy theory trade VIC xom
- Tuesday links: the secret of SEO | Abnormal Returns on The Private Economy is Doing Just Fine
- The Expansion and Employment | ValuePlays on Housing Thoughts & New Home Supply Sinks to 4.1mos
- Housing Bubble Hysteria: Facts Versus Ficton » CanuckPost.com on Why I Am Cautiously Optimistic About 2010 $$
- CRM Still Thinks -1 + -1 = 2 | ValuePlays on What Did CRM Buy in Buddy Media?? Increasing Losses and Cash Serious Flow Drain…
- Student Loans Won’t Kill Housing Recovery – ValueWalk | on Student Loans and Housing