Why You Should ALWAYS Ignore the Headline
- Posted by ToddSullivan
- on July 18th, 2012
Now, we know for a fact people react to the headlines before they even bother digging into the data. If you doubt that, simply watch the stock market react to every headline that crosses the wire.
I am sure by now we have all heard what happened to housing prices in China in June, right? I mean if you read the headlines, you’d for sure be informed as to the reality over there. Here are some headlines from Reuters, WSJ, BBC, Marketwatch etc….
Got it? After reading those headlines is is obvious to even the most dimwitted of folks China home prices were down/flat/up in June.
Read folks…..don’t just react. It is more than possible you are smarter and better at interpreting the data than the guy/gal writing the headline is
To see more posts on any of the companies mentioned in this article, enter their stock ticker symbol in the search box.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
Todd's investing strategy is essentially long with the rare short. He seeks to buy undervalued issues with an upcoming catalyst that will help them realized.... More »
aapl acas ackman aig AN bac BAM bbep BBI bgp BPO buffett CC CODi CRE davidson dow einhorn employment ETFC f ggp hhc housing IGOI jcp jmba joe mbi mcd mgm MO oesx pld PM rail sbux seth klarman SHLD spg spy theory trade VIC xom
- Tuesday links: the secret of SEO | Abnormal Returns on The Private Economy is Doing Just Fine
- The Expansion and Employment | ValuePlays on Housing Thoughts & New Home Supply Sinks to 4.1mos
- Housing Bubble Hysteria: Facts Versus Ficton » CanuckPost.com on Why I Am Cautiously Optimistic About 2010 $$
- CRM Still Thinks -1 + -1 = 2 | ValuePlays on What Did CRM Buy in Buddy Media?? Increasing Losses and Cash Serious Flow Drain…
- Student Loans Won’t Kill Housing Recovery – ValueWalk | on Student Loans and Housing