$1400 Value Investing Congress Discount
- Posted by ToddSullivan
- on July 25th, 2012
Some of last year’s picks were just fantastic. The best part of the Congress is the best speakers come back and their is always new blood to keep things fresh. I can’t wait for it
The current speaker line-up includes:
· David Einhorn, Greenlight Capital…. Do we need to go into detail??
· Barry Rosenstein, JANA Partners. Rosenstein founded the $2.4 billion Jana Partners 11 years ago, pursuing value-oriented, event driven investments.Since then he’s built a reputation for shaking up some of the corporations he’s taken a position in to boost returns, with the imminent split of 123-year-old McGraw Hill his biggest target yet.
His stock picks have been equally impressive – Expedia’s share price almost doubled in a year.
· Alexander Roepers, Atlantic Investment Management. Roepers started Atlantic Investment Management nearly 25 years ago and has grown it to a $1.6 billion global equity hedge fund. His $610 million flagship fund, Cambrian, has compounded at 18.8% annually for 20 years.
Since his presentation at last year’s Value Investing Congress, Roepers’ recommendations have performed impressively, with Flowserve up 29% and Ashland up 39%.
· Bob Robotti, Robotti & Company Advisors. Robotti founded his firm nearly 30 years ago and currently has over $500 million AUM. His Value Equity Composite, which was started in 1993 with $1 million, has grown to $250 million AUM through June 2012. His portfolio continues to impress, with top holding Builders FirstSource (BLDR) more than doubling from $2.12 to $4.67 in the last 12 months.
· Guy Gottfried, Rational Investment Group. A year after his thumbs-up for Morguard Corporation and The Brick Ltd. at the Value Investing Congress, both stocks have been winners, with their share prices up 53% (including dividends) and 61% respectively.
Just last month at the Value Investing Congress, he gave nods to Holloway Lodging and Trans World Entertainment, and both stocks have been up since then as well, with share prices up 20% and 36%.
· Kian Ghazi, Hawkshaw Capital Management. Founded Hawkshaw Capital Management in 2002, where he is the Managing Partner and portfolio manager. Hawkshaw is an equity-long/short investment partnership designed to generate market-beating returns through a concentrated, value-driven, research-intensive approach.
· Whitney Tilson, T2 Partners
The Early Bird Rate Expires August 20, 2012. ValuePlays readers can get a discount of $1,400 by following this link and using discount code N12VP1
The Value Investing Congress and SumZero have partnered to launch a top idea contest, the Value Investing Challenge (www.ValueInvestingChallenge.com). Submissions will be evaluated by a panel and the winner will get the opportunity to present his/her idea at the next Value Investing Congress in NYC. Here is the press release:
To see more posts on any of the companies mentioned in this article, enter their stock ticker symbol in the search box.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
Todd's investing strategy is essentially long with the rare short. He seeks to buy undervalued issues with an upcoming catalyst that will help them realized.... More »
aapl acas ackman aig AN bac BAM BBI bgp BPO buffett CC CODi CRE davidson dow einhorn employment ETFC f fairx ggp hhc housing IGOI jcp jmba joe mbi mcd mgm MO oesx pld PM rail sbux seth klarman SHLD spg spy theory trade VIC xom
- Tuesday links: the secret of SEO | Abnormal Returns on The Private Economy is Doing Just Fine
- The Expansion and Employment | ValuePlays on Housing Thoughts & New Home Supply Sinks to 4.1mos
- Housing Bubble Hysteria: Facts Versus Ficton » CanuckPost.com on Why I Am Cautiously Optimistic About 2010 $$
- CRM Still Thinks -1 + -1 = 2 | ValuePlays on What Did CRM Buy in Buddy Media?? Increasing Losses and Cash Serious Flow Drain…
- Student Loans Won’t Kill Housing Recovery – ValueWalk | on Student Loans and Housing