Subs: Don’t Believe the Shops are Working??? Ask Levi’s
- Posted by ToddSullivan
- on October 12th, 2012
People seem to be questioning whether or not the shops at $JCP are a hit. Even when CEO Johnson indicated the success of them on the recent earnings webcast, there seemed some skepticism. So, lets here from one of the brands that was in the initial shop concept and get their take on it
From Shane at Farnam St (I have edited slightly after listen to call):
I will describe what we’re seeing there … We’re pleased and very encouraged by the early results. … Prior to the shop in shops … our business was tracking JCP’s overall business, … Since the shops opened in August, in the stores where we have the shops, we’ve seen a dramatic change in the trend line versus the going-in trend….a dramatic positive tend…. And in the stores where we don’t have shops, the trend stayed with the overall JCP decline. So … you can say the shop in shops have driven consumption of Levis brand in a very positive way.
(paraphrased but not exactly quoted)
To see more posts on any of the companies mentioned in this article, enter their stock ticker symbol in the search box.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
Todd's investing strategy is essentially long with the rare short. He seeks to buy undervalued issues with an upcoming catalyst that will help them realized.... More »
aapl acas ackman aig AN bac BAM BBI bgp BPO buffett CC CODi CRE davidson dow einhorn employment ETFC f fairx ggp hhc housing IGOI jcp jmba joe mbi mcd mgm MO oesx pld PM rail sbux seth klarman SHLD spg spy theory trade VIC xom
- Tuesday links: the secret of SEO | Abnormal Returns on The Private Economy is Doing Just Fine
- The Expansion and Employment | ValuePlays on Housing Thoughts & New Home Supply Sinks to 4.1mos
- Housing Bubble Hysteria: Facts Versus Ficton » CanuckPost.com on Why I Am Cautiously Optimistic About 2010 $$
- CRM Still Thinks -1 + -1 = 2 | ValuePlays on What Did CRM Buy in Buddy Media?? Increasing Losses and Cash Serious Flow Drain…
- Student Loans Won’t Kill Housing Recovery – ValueWalk | on Student Loans and Housing