Rail Traffic Rises
- Posted by ToddSullivan
- on November 21st, 2012
Total N. American rail traffic came in last week at 696k cars. this number is up both week over week and YOY. The YOY raise is a small 2k cars on an absolute basis but if we account for the drop in coal which was 13k cars (due to natural gas prices $UNG), the YOY gains are better. It is still a bit early, post Sandy to hang too much definitive into these numbers. The post Sandy dip was ~50k cars that week so some of the subsequent weeks gains are some catch up and on the negative there are still some logistic issues shippers are dealing with that will subtract from totals. But, as the weeks go by those effects dissipate.
All that said, there isn’t anything negative in this weeks report as there is nothing here that suggests a slowdown in the general economy…
To see more posts on any of the companies mentioned in this article, enter their stock ticker symbol in the search box.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
Todd's investing strategy is essentially long with the rare short. He seeks to buy undervalued issues with an upcoming catalyst that will help them realized.... More »
aapl acas ackman aig AN bac BAM BBI bgp BPO buffett CC CODi CRE davidson dow einhorn employment ETFC f fairx FNMA fnmas ggp hhc housing IGOI jcp jmba joe mbi mcd mgm MO oesx PM rail sbux seth klarman SHLD spg spy theory VIC xom
- Tuesday links: the secret of SEO | Abnormal Returns on The Private Economy is Doing Just Fine
- The Expansion and Employment | ValuePlays on Housing Thoughts & New Home Supply Sinks to 4.1mos
- Housing Bubble Hysteria: Facts Versus Ficton » CanuckPost.com on Why I Am Cautiously Optimistic About 2010 $$
- CRM Still Thinks -1 + -1 = 2 | ValuePlays on What Did CRM Buy in Buddy Media?? Increasing Losses and Cash Serious Flow Drain…
- Student Loans Won’t Kill Housing Recovery – ValueWalk | on Student Loans and Housing