Houston Housing Market Surging…Howard Hughes the Prime Beneficiary
- Posted by ToddSullivan
- on December 18th, 2012
This is fantastic news for holders of Howard Hughes ($HHC).
Houston home sales increased 27.3% in November above last year, and marked the 18th consecutive month of an increase in the metro area’s home sales on a year-over-year basis. The average sale price for single-family homes sold in November jumped 10.5 percent to $228,275, the highest average sales price for a November in Houston. The median sales price for homes sold in November rose 8.1 percent to $167,000, also a record high for the month of November. The total dollar volume for November homes sales was 41.2% above last year. Even the housing recovery skeptics should be impressed with the booming real estate recovery in Houston.
They are the owners of the Bridgeland and Woodlands MPC’s in the area. They have already reported demand for housing there is off the charts. It also helps that Exxon Mobil $XOM is building a massive campus just south of the Woodlands and has already signed leases there.
That will be 10,000 additional people looking for housing and shopping and $HHC is right there with the land and build out to provide it to them.
To see more posts on any of the companies mentioned in this article, enter their stock ticker symbol in the search box.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
Todd's investing strategy is essentially long with the rare short. He seeks to buy undervalued issues with an upcoming catalyst that will help them realized.... More »
aapl acas ackman aig AN bac BAM bbep BBI bgp BPO buffett CC CODi CRE davidson dow einhorn employment ETFC f ggp hhc housing IGOI jcp jmba joe mbi mcd mgm MO oesx pld PM rail sbux seth klarman SHLD spg spy theory trade VIC xom
- Tuesday links: the secret of SEO | Abnormal Returns on The Private Economy is Doing Just Fine
- The Expansion and Employment | ValuePlays on Housing Thoughts & New Home Supply Sinks to 4.1mos
- Housing Bubble Hysteria: Facts Versus Ficton » CanuckPost.com on Why I Am Cautiously Optimistic About 2010 $$
- CRM Still Thinks -1 + -1 = 2 | ValuePlays on What Did CRM Buy in Buddy Media?? Increasing Losses and Cash Serious Flow Drain…
- Student Loans Won’t Kill Housing Recovery – ValueWalk | on Student Loans and Housing