Labor Demand Continues to Rise
- Posted by ToddSullivan
- on January 4th, 2013
The Conference Board released its Help Wanted Online Labor Demand report. Link: The demand for labor continues to be healthy and this among other labor demand indicators provides a positive forecast for higher employment in the next 6mos-12mos.
Please note that this increase occurred in the heart of the “Fiscal Cliff” hand wringing when many were indicating that hiring was being reduced due to policy uncertainties. The economy historically does not reflect these concerns. Once the economy turns higher it tends to improve till it reaches a point of excess. At that point the economy is running at the ~4% Real GDP range and begins to be self-limiting having risen to a rate greater than the 3% long term average.
The final piece of the economy appears poised for recovery, housing and construction. These sectors should provide 4yrs+ of additional economic strength if history repeats.
Optimism remains warranted for equities!
To see more posts on any of the companies mentioned in this article, enter their stock ticker symbol in the search box.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
Todd's investing strategy is essentially long with the rare short. He seeks to buy undervalued issues with an upcoming catalyst that will help them realized.... More »
aapl acas ackman aig AN bac BAM BBI bgp BPO buffett CC CODi CRE davidson dow einhorn employment ETFC f fairx fnmas ggp hhc housing IGOI jcp jmba joe mbi mcd mgm MO oesx PM rail sbux seth klarman SHLD spg spy theory trade VIC xom
- Tuesday links: the secret of SEO | Abnormal Returns on The Private Economy is Doing Just Fine
- The Expansion and Employment | ValuePlays on Housing Thoughts & New Home Supply Sinks to 4.1mos
- Housing Bubble Hysteria: Facts Versus Ficton » CanuckPost.com on Why I Am Cautiously Optimistic About 2010 $$
- CRM Still Thinks -1 + -1 = 2 | ValuePlays on What Did CRM Buy in Buddy Media?? Increasing Losses and Cash Serious Flow Drain…
- Student Loans Won’t Kill Housing Recovery – ValueWalk | on Student Loans and Housing