Fairholme in Another Victory Over Treasury/FHFA (Court of Federal Claims)
- Posted by ToddSullivan
- on March 19th, 2014
Judge Sweeney is not messing around with this litigation……it is going forward..
On, on 3/17 defendants filed a motion to stay discovery stating : “…requests that the Court stay its February 26, 2014 order (Order) pending resolution of the dispositive issues in the Government’s motion to dismiss with respect to which there is undisputedly no need for discovery. In the alternative, the United States respectfully asks the Court to reconsider and vacate the Order because discovery prior to resolution of the motion to dismiss is inappropriate.”
I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess there isn’t much judges dislike more than being told their ruling is “inappropriate” and that the reasoning is “there is undisputedly no need for discovery”. That basically translates to gov’t lawyers telling Judge Sweeney, “you don’t know what your are doing”.
Here is their motion (I’ve marked it up w/notes):
Motion to Stay
On 3/19 here was Sweeney’s response:
For those who can’t see it she said : Denied, get your ass (or something to that effect) in court 3/21
To see more posts on any of the companies mentioned in this article, enter their stock ticker symbol in the search box.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
Todd's investing strategy is essentially long with the rare short. He seeks to buy undervalued issues with an upcoming catalyst that will help them realized.... More »
aapl acas ackman aig AN bac BAM BBI bgp BPO buffett CC CODi CRE davidson dow einhorn employment ETFC f fairx FNMA fnmas ggp hhc housing IGOI jcp jmba joe mbi mcd mgm MO oesx PM rail sbux seth klarman SHLD spg spy theory VIC xom
- Tuesday links: the secret of SEO | Abnormal Returns on The Private Economy is Doing Just Fine
- The Expansion and Employment | ValuePlays on Housing Thoughts & New Home Supply Sinks to 4.1mos
- Housing Bubble Hysteria: Facts Versus Ficton » CanuckPost.com on Why I Am Cautiously Optimistic About 2010 $$
- CRM Still Thinks -1 + -1 = 2 | ValuePlays on What Did CRM Buy in Buddy Media?? Increasing Losses and Cash Serious Flow Drain…
- Student Loans Won’t Kill Housing Recovery – ValueWalk | on Student Loans and Housing