Simon: GGP Assets “Unique Opportunity” $$
- Posted by ToddSullivan
- on December 1st, 2009
Hat tip @presidentbarama on twitter for this one
Listen to the question Wilbur Ross asks… “Will you have competition in the bidding?” … Simon does NOT deny a bid is coming, rather he says that GGP being so large is good because “there are only one or two players in the industry who can compete for it”.
I hope Simon is not a poker player, he just really tipped his hand….big time
As a side note, a General Growth (GGWPQ) and Simon (SPG) tie up would have to be something worth looking at as an investment as its scale would dwarf the rest of the industry and they would have best in class assets.
To see more posts on any of the companies mentioned in this article, enter their stock ticker symbol in the search box.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
Todd's investing strategy is essentially long with the rare short. He seeks to buy undervalued issues with an upcoming catalyst that will help them realized.... More »
aapl acas ackman aig AN bac BAM BBI bgp BPO buffett CC CODi CRE davidson dow einhorn employment ETFC f fairx ggp hhc housing IGOI jcp jmba joe mbi mcd mgm MO oesx pld PM rail sbux seth klarman SHLD spg spy theory trade VIC xom
- Tuesday links: the secret of SEO | Abnormal Returns on The Private Economy is Doing Just Fine
- The Expansion and Employment | ValuePlays on Housing Thoughts & New Home Supply Sinks to 4.1mos
- Housing Bubble Hysteria: Facts Versus Ficton » CanuckPost.com on Why I Am Cautiously Optimistic About 2010 $$
- CRM Still Thinks -1 + -1 = 2 | ValuePlays on What Did CRM Buy in Buddy Media?? Increasing Losses and Cash Serious Flow Drain…
- Student Loans Won’t Kill Housing Recovery – ValueWalk | on Student Loans and Housing