Temp Staffing Hit 5 Year High
- Posted by ToddSullivan
- on November 28th, 2012
The Temp Staffing Index broke out of its flat line to a new multi-year high last week. The index hit 96, a level not seen since 2007 . As I said in previous posts, growth may be being held back due to those previous temp workers who are now unemployed because the business they had worked in being closed as a result of Sandy. We must also remember November is normally a ramp up in temp employment to Christmas so the underlying trends in it are favorable. I’m inclined to say Sandy retarded growth initially and we should see better readings continue in the next few weeks.
The good news is it that despite everything, the index has risen 4% YOY and 28% since Jan 2012
To see more posts on any of the companies mentioned in this article, enter their stock ticker symbol in the search box.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
Todd's investing strategy is essentially long with the rare short. He seeks to buy undervalued issues with an upcoming catalyst that will help them realized.... More »
aapl acas ackman aig AN bac BAM bbep BBI bgp BPO buffett CC CODi CRE davidson dow einhorn employment ETFC f ggp hhc housing IGOI jcp jmba joe mbi mcd mgm MO oesx pld PM rail sbux seth klarman SHLD spg spy theory trade VIC xom
- Tuesday links: the secret of SEO | Abnormal Returns on The Private Economy is Doing Just Fine
- The Expansion and Employment | ValuePlays on Housing Thoughts & New Home Supply Sinks to 4.1mos
- Housing Bubble Hysteria: Facts Versus Ficton » CanuckPost.com on Why I Am Cautiously Optimistic About 2010 $$
- CRM Still Thinks -1 + -1 = 2 | ValuePlays on What Did CRM Buy in Buddy Media?? Increasing Losses and Cash Serious Flow Drain…
- Student Loans Won’t Kill Housing Recovery – ValueWalk | on Student Loans and Housing